Snow safari 2023-24
Special winter offer in collaboration with the ski school Seiser Alm
Guided ski tour...
Spend an exciting skiday accompanied by an skiing instructor. For the ski tours good fitness and skiing technique are required!
The ski tours are suspended in the Christmas period from 25 December to 4 January and in the Carnival week from 12 to 15 February.
- Monday: Alpe di Siusi - Val Gardena
- Tuesday: Val di Fassa
- Thursday: Sella Ronda, 4 Dolomite passes
... or excursion outside of the slopes
An approved hiking guide will accompany you at these snowshoe and winter hikes. The required equipment for the snow shoe hike will be provided (fee: 10.00 €).
- Snow shoe hike on the Alpe di Siusi: Compatsch - Ladins musk - Gstatscher hut - Compatsch
Winter hike: Siusi - Castelrotto - St. Michael
Snow shoe hike on the Alpe di Siusi: Saltria - Zemmer hut - Hartl - Sanon - Saltria
Inscription for ski tour and winter hike during your stay. The participation is free of charge!
Active Summer programme 2023
Guided hiking and Alpine trekking tours with our mountain guides Roman and Bernhard
Twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday - the tours are free of charge!
- Alpe di Siusi – Buco d’Orso – Ciamin valley – S. Cipriano/Tires
- Alpe di Tires – Molignon pass – Bergamo hut – S. Cipriano/Tires
- Catinaccio of Antermoia round
- Sciliar – "Prügelweg" path – Lake of Fié
- Sunrise on the way to Mount Sciliar
- Molignon hut – Cresta di Siusi – Sasso Piatto hut – Saltria
- Alpe di Siusi – Radöll pass – Rosa Alpina hut – Hans and Paula Steger path
- Alpe di Siusi – Saltner hut, Tschapit – geologist path
- Alpe di Siusi - Saltner hut, Tschapit - Schlernbödele hut - Bad Ratzes
- Alpe di Siusi - Sattler hut - Saltner hut, Tschapit
- Saltria, Seiser Alm - Murmeltier hut - Vicenza hut
- Pinei pass – Bulla – Alpe di Siusi
- Pinei pass – Schafstall hut – Alpe Marinzen
- Alpe Marinzen – “Schnürlsteig” path – Bullaccia
- Alpe di Siusi – Alpe Marinzen – Siusi
- Tour to Vicenza hut in the Sassolungo mountain
- Sella pass – Friedrich August path – Saltria
- Tour to Monte Rasciesa
- Piza pass – Stevia – S. Silvestro pass
- Tour from Gardena pass to the Puez hut and the Vallunga
- The path of the Aica di Fiè farmsteads
- S. Cipriano/Tires – Vallone dell’Orsara - Seggiola hut - Pond of Fiè
- From S. Cipriano/Tires to Monte Cavone
- S. Cipriano/Tires – Haniger hut – Pracaminaccio
- S. Cipriano/Tiers - Völsegg - Presule castle
- The Masarè path at the Catinaccio mountain
- Catinaccio round
- Costalunga pass – Vajolon pass – Roda di Vael hut
- From Costalunga pass to the Latemar labyrinth
- From Costalunga pass to the small Latemar pass
Sunrise on the way to the Mount Sciliar
Our first steps in the dark are still very cautious, but we soon get used to the terrain. We start walking more quickly and steadily, while we enjoy the silence of the night, far from the noise and nuisances of civilisation. We concentrate on our surroundings and lend our ears to the imperceptible sounds of nature. As it gets brighter, we perceive more details in our environment. Eventually, when the day breaks our eyes are attracted by the brightest spot on the horizon. The sun is rising and a new day has begun...
Admittedly, it is quite hard to leave the cosy and warm bed at such an early hour. At the latest as soon as the first sunbeams peep out behind the eastern mountaintops, you will surely forget the last bit of tiredness and every exertion. The light that lights up the mountain world just before the sunrise is something noteworthy: the darkness gradually abates and the sky on the horizon turns pink, yellow, red or bright orange, till finally the sun itself appears behind the mountain silhouette.
From the Alpe di Siusi (1830 m) we hike on the tourist path to Mount Sciliar (2450 m) from where we enjoy a great view over the Alpe di Siusi towards the sun rising behind the mountain tops. Afterwards we have a hearty breakfast at the Schlernhaus refuge. Once we have taken a rest and replenished our energy reservoir, we return to Siusi via the Thomas valley and the so called "Prügelweg" (club path), past the Sessel mountain hut and the Fiè pond.
Altitude difference uphill: 650 m
Altitude difference downhill: 1500 m
Travelling time: 6 hours
Fee: about 35.00 € (for taxi and breakfast at the Schlernhaus refuge)
Minimum attendance: 5 people